When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade! There’s something special about a woman who take what seem like a lost and make it out of a profit. To some it looks like you are going through and struggling but to others they see your comeback. They recognize that if you spend a little time alone that everything that seem like a lost will be a WIN! Talk about restitution. I said all this to say that the author of memoirs of a chronically single gal has found away to benefit from her single season. I was granted the opportunity to do an interview on Madina Robinson. Check it out below!
1. Who are you and what do you do? My name is Madina Robinson and I am a model, actor, and author of Memoirs of a Chronically Single Gal now available on Amazon Kindle.
2. How did you know this is what you wanted to do? I’ve been modeling since the age of 16 so I’ve always known that I love being in front of the camera. Upon moving to Florida I learned that I also love performing which is how acting came into play. I love being in front of a fun crowd. As far as writing goes, that was something I fell into. I was battling with feelings that I suppressed for a long time and writing was my way of releasing those feelings.
3. Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years? In 5-10 years I see myself being a New York Times best sellers list. I also see myself having a few movies under my belt. I see myself getting better at all of my talents and giving them to the world.
4. What do you like and dislike about today’s fashion/style? I like the fact that fashion is no holds bar these days. I love how it’s the ultimate form of expression. However, I dislike the fact that people abuse this. Every fashion nor style is not fit for everybody. I wish people would dress according to what looks great on them and not abuse fashion the way they do these days.
5. Describe your ideal closet? My ideal closet would be a mix of Mariah Carey’s closet and Cher’s closet from the movie Clueless. Wall to wall shoes, a sitting area, racks and racks of organized garments that are computerized to move with my selection of outfit, and a fabulous well lit mirror.
6.A trend that has caught your eye this year? I am loving the trend of 90’s fashions coming back. Bright colors and bold prints. It gives me an excuse to dress like a Spice Girl and I will be OK.
7. What is style to you? Style to me is the way a person can tell you exactly who they are without speaking. I am a form believer that you should dress in the way you wish to be addressed. Your style and your fashion sense give others a sense of who you are or at least who they think you are.
8. Lastly, what is your influence? What do you think people take from you? I believe I have a positive influence on others. I think people become motivated by my determination. I have my hands in everything and I want to succeed in everything I try. I just want people to be motivated to leap and to take a chance on themselves.