Barbie has made a dope descision by collaborating with Marni Senofente. For those of you who aren’t familiar with her work, she is a wardrobe stylist. Her work has been seen on Ciara,Kelly Rowland, and Beyoncé to name a few. Marni has a dope sense of style that can be describe as 90’s edge. I was super excited when I saw that Barbie had collaborated with her for this project.
I want the entire collection! 😩😩😩😩
When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade! There’s something special about a woman who take what seem like a lost and make it out of a profit. To some it looks like you are going through and struggling but to others they see your comeback. They recognize that if you spend a little time alone that everything that seem like a lost will be a WIN! Talk about restitution. I said all this to say that the author of memoirs of a chronically single gal has found away to benefit from her single season. I was granted the opportunity to do an interview on Madina Robinson. Check it out below!
1. Who are you and what do you do? My name is Madina Robinson and I am a model, actor, and author of Memoirs of a Chronically Single Gal now available on Amazon Kindle.
2. How did you know this is what you wanted to do? I’ve been modeling since the age of 16 so I’ve always known that I love being in front of the camera. Upon moving to Florida I learned that I also love performing which is how acting came into play. I love being in front of a fun crowd. As far as writing goes, that was something I fell into. I was battling with feelings that I suppressed for a long time and writing was my way of releasing those feelings.
3. Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years? In 5-10 years I see myself being a New York Times best sellers list. I also see myself having a few movies under my belt. I see myself getting better at all of my talents and giving them to the world.
4. What do you like and dislike about today’s fashion/style? I like the fact that fashion is no holds bar these days. I love how it’s the ultimate form of expression. However, I dislike the fact that people abuse this. Every fashion nor style is not fit for everybody. I wish people would dress according to what looks great on them and not abuse fashion the way they do these days.
5. Describe your ideal closet? My ideal closet would be a mix of Mariah Carey’s closet and Cher’s closet from the movie Clueless. Wall to wall shoes, a sitting area, racks and racks of organized garments that are computerized to move with my selection of outfit, and a fabulous well lit mirror.
6.A trend that has caught your eye this year? I am loving the trend of 90’s fashions coming back. Bright colors and bold prints. It gives me an excuse to dress like a Spice Girl and I will be OK.
7. What is style to you? Style to me is the way a person can tell you exactly who they are without speaking. I am a form believer that you should dress in the way you wish to be addressed. Your style and your fashion sense give others a sense of who you are or at least who they think you are.
8. Lastly, what is your influence? What do you think people take from you? I believe I have a positive influence on others. I think people become motivated by my determination. I have my hands in everything and I want to succeed in everything I try. I just want people to be motivated to leap and to take a chance on themselves.
There is a new wave of lady bosses rising throughout Florida and it’s due to one boss herself. I have been giving the honor to attend one of the lady bosses events and I can’t wait to show you guys all the stylish people I will meet. However, before the event, I would like to shine some light on the lady BOSS herself, Ti Lashun Faite. Ti Lashun is the founder of Lady bosses. I was able to get all up in her business and you can too by getting to know her below.
Who are you and what do you do? I’m a Entrepreneur. I’m a Creative Director, Event Planner, Stylist and more. Those are a few things that I mostly do now. I enjoy and love doing a lot of different things.
How did you know this is what you wanted to do? I knew I wanted to do this because, nothing else as a career matter, I started my career in fast food and I absolutely love the fashion industry and wouldn’t change it for anything.
What do you like and dislike about today’s fashion/style? A trend that has caught my eye is definitely the choker. I think chokers has definitely came back and has been a big trend this year and last year.
Describe your ideal closet? My ideal closet is bold colors, jeans, lots of heels, sneakers for those comfortable days, and a lot of exclusive custom pieces. I love to be different and I love to be the only one in the city with that one and only look.
A trend that has caught your eye this year? A trend that has caught my eye is definitely the choker. I think chokers has definitely came back and has been a big trend this year and last year.
What is style to you? Lastly, what is your influence? My style is women of business, I love to be different and I like when people look at me and say who made your clothes? Where did you get your clothes from? Even when I style I like for my models and clients to have their own style and be exclusive and different at the same time.
What do you think people take from you? I think people take from me that being different isn’t always bad. Never Give Up.
For many years women have been making power moves and I am not surprised by this new movement of lady bosses! Come join one of the lady boss networking events. You can connect with Ti Lashun:
I have heard Denzel Washington pay homage to August Wilson and how his career now is to bring out the screen writer vision. I was granted the opportunity to see the movie fences and I loved it. As a big fan of Viola Davis,and Denzel Washington it was a no brainer that I would go see the movie. I loved the movie as mention before but when I heard a play was coming to Jacksonville and my friend would be the costume designer I was going. However, I didn’t know that the play would be better than the movie. It’s different when you’re in a room with actors acting out the scenes. You can feel the emotions versus when you’re watching it on a screen. Disclaimer: I am sensitive so I can experience it both ways. The setting of a play is more intimate and boy did those actors play the hell out of their scenes. I felt rose pain and I wanted to tell her so bad to leave the man she had love for 18 years. I was pissed at Troy for her hurting rose and being so stubborn! The different scenes took the audience on a roller coaster. As I examine the audience I saw some people crying with rose as I fought to hold my tears. I heard some people yell out and tell rose to leave! As a member in the audience we shared some laughs,and tears. The actors did such an amazing job bringing this play to life.
Their wardrobe helped tell the story. I followed Keisha Burr throughout her preparation process and notice extra details she made to make sure the clothing was perfect.
One trick she showed her viewers is how to make clothes look dirty. These work overalls had the dirty effect because of hot cocoa! I must say it did the job well!
In other scenes I notice the scuffles in a pair of hard bottoms. While spying I learned that she destroyed those shoes to get a hard working look. The amount of details that was taken place in order for this play to be an success is awesome. I hope they take the play on tour because the world needs to see this play done by this crew!
The style spy 🤗